As an event pianist/accompanist, I've had the incredible opportunity to play music at countless events in venues as large as Grace Church in Eden Prairie to more intimate locations such as the St. James Hotel in Red Wing. I love playing for weddings and parties, but I also have a lot of experience playing for funerals and memorial services. No matter what event type, I'm able to work with each client to create a musical tapestry that is appropriate and memorable.
- Song suggestions -- I know just about every popular event song and can help you choose just the right selections for your event.
- Ability to learn new music quickly -- Got your heart set on a song that isn't as well-known? I can learn new music well and have a great ear for playing music even if sheet music isn't readily available.
- Can play anything in multiple styles depending on client taste -- Is your favorite special song in a style that just doesn't match your venue? I can take it and play it so that Aunt Margaret thinks it's beautiful and so your punk rock friends are impressed. I've played everything from Nine Inch Nails to Lady Gaga at weddings and have never gotten a complaint.
- Can "noodle" -- I can stretch any song to match the exact amount of time needed, even if bridesmaids are highly caffeinated or the flower girl decides to place each petal exactly just so and takes 10 minutes to get down the aisle. I can seamlessly extend or shorten a song so that at the exact moment you've told me, I'll be coming to that final chord as if everything had been planned perfectly.
- Can organize almost any ensemble depending on needs -- I have MANY musical friends in the Twin Cities and would be glad to put together any small ensemble that is desired. Want a violin/cello duo? Want a piano/guitar/vocal group? I can put that together.